The Good In Our Ingredients
Soya beans contain high amounts of protein, and is the only such vegetable source containing all essential amino acids. They are well known for being rich in iron, phosphorus, magnesium, B-vitamins, Omega-3 fatty acids, and zinc. Soya beans also contains the highest amount of isoflavanone, which are known for their cancer fighting properties.
Benefits of soya beans:
- It promotes healthy heart and bones, preventing cancer and alleviating menopausal symptoms. In Asia, where the intake of soya products is relatively high, the incidence of so-called “Western” diseases such as breast, endometrium, colon and prostate cancer is low.
- The cholesterol lowering effect that soya beans have may also help prevent heart diseases.
Do you know?
F&N NUTRISOY is made of non-genetically modified soya beans.
Almonds are a rich source of essential fatty acids that help support healthy skin and hair as well as the formation of healthy cell membranes.
Benefits of almonds:
- Can be the perfect companion to the weight conscious, being high in protein and low in carbohydrates.
- Are a rich source of magnesium and Vitamin E, as well as selenium and manganese.
- Are an aid to heart health, being rich in flavonoids and Vitamin E which deliver a double dose of antioxidant goodness to help
protect the heart.
- Being 90% unsaturated fat, have been known to lower levels of low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol.
- Contain folic acid which help lower levels of homocystein, the amino acid thought to contribute to the build up of fatty plaque
in the arteries.
- Help regulate insulin and blood sugar level in the body, making it a suitable complement for diabetes sufferers.
F&N NUTRISOY Omega is endorsed by Singapore Heart Foundation as a heart healthy beverage. Sourced from flaxseeds, it is suitable for vegetarians. Omega-3 are good fatty acids that are essential to our body and can only be obtained from food.
Benefits of Omega-3:
- Better concentration and memory power
- Slow ageing of brain
- Healthy joints
- Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids are important because our bodies do not have the enzymes necessary to create double bonds after the 10th carbon from the carboxyl group.
- Alpha linolenic acid (ALA) is the only essential Omega-3 fatty acid because our bodies can convert ALA into others such as eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA). Omega-3 fatty acids are poly-unsaturated fatty acids. Studies show that a diet rich in Omega-3 fatty acids may help lower triglycerides and increase HDL cholesterol (the good cholesterol). Omega-3 fatty acids may also act as an anticoagulant to prevent blood from clotting. Several other studies also suggest that these fatty acids may help lower high blood pressure.