NutriSoy X Meatmen
Cinnamon and Nutmeg Soya Ice Cream
One way to spruce up your Christmas dinner is preparing a unique and simple recipe that will be unforgettable for everyone. Binding NutriSoy Fresh Soya Milk with an egg yolk mixture whisked together, spice it with cinnamon and nutmeg and you’ll be all set to enjoy this Christmas-ey dessert!
Serves 6-8 scoops
- 140g egg yolks (8 egg yolks)
- 20g cornstarch
- 60g sugar
- 300ml NutriSoy Fresh Soya Milk
- 180g whipping cream
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp salt
- Freeze Cuisinart bowl for 6 hours or overnight.
- Whisk egg yolks, cornstarch and sugar.
- Heat 300ml soy milk in a saucepan til steaming. Pour in a thin stream into egg yolk mixture whisking constantly. Return mixture to the saucepan and cook until almost thick enough to coat a spoon.
- Switch off heat. Whisk for a while more, the custard will thicken further.
- Press custard through a sieve.
- Whisk in 180g whipping cream. Add cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- Bring batter to room temperature. Press cling wrap on the surface and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Churn the chilled custard mixture for 25 minutes.