Homemade Chicken Fingers
Chicken fingers may be an all-time favourite for kids but it’s hard to find an adult who doesn’t enjoy them just as much. Try this recipe out for a nutritious twist on Fry-day fun-days!
- 800g Chicken strips
- 2 cups Plain flour
- 1/2 tps Baking powder
- 60g Dried mixed herbs
- 20g Fresh Parsley
- 1L Nutrisoy Original Reduced Sugar added Soya Milk
- 1L Canola oil (for frying)
- Black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- Extra virgin olive oil to taste
- Put the flour, mixed herbs, baking powder, pinch of salt and pepper into a mixing bowl. Slowly whisk in the soya milk till batter is a smooth consistency that sticks to the back of a spoon.
- Marinate chicken with salt, pepper and extra virgin olive oil while heating up the canola oil in a small pot.
- Drip a little batter in the oil and if it quickly bubbles and float to the top then the oil is ready for frying the chicken.
- Coat chicken in batter and fry in oil for 4 minutes. Place cooked chicken on a kitchen towel to soak up any excess oil and its ready to serve.
- Tatar sauce