Homemade Green Curry Tofu served with Thai Chicken Salad
There’s no fun in being mundane when it comes to dinner plans! Surprise your loved ones with an exotic dish that’s full of flavour and nutritional value.
- 1L Soyamilk
- 5 nos Eggs
- 300g Chicken Breast
- 2 stalks Lemongrass
- 8 nos Shallots
- 3 nos Coriander Root
- 100g Galangal
- 4 nos Kaffier Lime Leaves
- 4 nos Garlic
- 500g Thai Basil
- 3 nos Green Chili
- 4 tbs Fish Sauce
- 3 tbs Longan Honey
- 2 tsp Lime Juice
- 1 tbs Peanut oil
- Salt & Black pepper to taste
- To make green curry paste, blend (or pound for better flavour) lemongrass, shallots, garlic, green chili, lime leaves, coriander root, thai basil, 1 tbs of fish sauce, oil, season with salt and pepper. Blend to a fine texture.
- Keep 2 tbs of curry paste for marinating the chicken later. Add the rest of the paste, 2 tbs of fish sauce to the soya milk and bring to a simmer.
- Poach chicken in soyamilk and when done set aside to cool along with the soya milk. Once cooled, remove chicken and mix soya milk to beaten eggs.
- Fill cups or steam tray with mixture, steam for 10 minutes or till firm.
- In a mixing bowl, mix curry paste, fish sauce, lime juice, longan honey and shredded chicken together.
- To serve, topped tofu with chicken salad and a crack of black pepper. Garnish with sprig of thai basil