SOY MILK BREAD
- 430g bread flour
- 150ml NutriSoy Fresh Soya Milk No Sugar Added
- 7g yeast
- 60g sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 40g butter
Note: Nutrisoy Fresh Soya Milk is available in regular, reduced sugar and no sugar added, you may select according to your preference.
- Whisk together 30g bread flour and 150ml NutriSoy Fresh Soya Milk No Sugar Added in a pan until smooth.
- Place the pan over medium heat and whisk constantly until the mixture has thickened to a pudding-like consistency. Scrape it into a small bowl, cover with baking parchment directly on the surface and set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Once cooled, mix 7g yeast with 150ml lukewarm NutriSoy Fresh Soya Milk No Sugar Added and 5g sugar. Set aside for 10 minutes until it gets foamy.
- Mix together 400g bread flour, 55g sugar and 1 tsp salt. Add the cooled mixture and the yeast mixture, mix until a rough dough is formed.
- Set the mixer to a medium speed and leave it to knead for about 10 minutes until the dough is stretchy.
- Add 40g softened butter and knead for 5-10 minutes until well incorporated and the dough is smooth, elastic and no longer feels greasy.
- Place the dough in a lightly oiled bowl and cover for 1-2 hours.
- Once the dough has doubled in size, knock back the dough and knead for 30 seconds to remove the air bubbles.
- Divide into 4 even pieces and roll each ball into a long oval, folding 1/3 of the oval over the middle, then the other third over the top to form a long, narrow packet.
- Roll over the seam to flatten it, then roll it up tightly from one end to make a fat sausage. Repeat with the other balls of dough then arrange them in the loaf tin. Loosely cover the loaf tin and leave for 1 hour for the dough to double in size.
- While the dough is rising, preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Place the loaf in the preheated oven and bake for 30-50 minutes. You may need to cover the top loosely with tin foil part way through baking if it starts to colour too much.
- Once the bread is baked, remove it from the oven. Let it cool in the tin for 10 minutes then lift it out onto a wire rack to cool completely before slicing. Enjoy it fresh or store in an airtight container!